Navigational Buttons

Dec 5, 2014

Feature Friday! December 2014

Feature Friday! presents:
MILO GALANG

MILO is an Animator and an award-winning writer. He has worked on Angry Birds, 7D, and Rabe Socke 2 to name a few. He's also a key member of an art group called KYUSI KOMPANIE
WEBSITES: DEVIANTART | WATTPAD



• What are you working on right now?
I’m working on some visual materials for my PE Day project
• How and when did you discover that you wanted to do art?
I think it was close to my 4th year in high school. I picked up some How To Draw Manga books for fun and then that’s when I realized that drawing felt natural to me.
• If you weren't doing art, what would you be doing?
Dead, probably.
• How has your practice changed over time?
It’s constantly changing. Working on different projects at work and checking out artists gets me inspired to adapt different styles into my own craft.
• What work do you most enjoy doing?
My own. Haha.
• What art do you most identify with?
Western indie styles with a bit of an obvious influence from my animu days.
• What's the best thing anyone has said about your work?
I guess the best thing anyone’s said about my work now is that they’re promising. That gives me hope that I’ll get somewhere with my projects and that the work I’m doing now isn’t meaningless.
• Who is the biggest influence in your work?
It’s a toss-up between the artist who inspired me to try and adapt a western style (Der-Shing Helmer) and a local artist (JM Valenzuela) whose style just feels close to what I want to accomplish one day.
• What is the single work of which you are most proud?
It depends on my mood. They’re all special to me in a way.
• What is your dream project?
An animated series for my characters, whichever one of them.
• Who do you dream of collaborating with?
JM Valenzuela. Haha!
• Tell us one of your guilty pleasures
I buy figma because I’M A GROWN-UP NOW AND I BUY MY OWN TOYS
• If you could be someone else for a day, who would it be?
I don’t really have an answer for this.
• What's the strangest thing you have in your house?
I don’t think you’d want to know.
• When was the last time you were truly frightened?
Last time I was in Singapore. Universal Studios had a really great Halloween setup. I remember losing my voice from all the screaming.
• What music are you listening to these days?
I’m into Two Door Cinema Club right now.
• What is the worst advice you've ever received?
“You’ll never get anywhere.” – A lot of people
• What is the best advice you've ever received?
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
Theodore Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to know what you think. 8D
~Team Artspice!