Navigational Buttons

Jan 9, 2015

Feature Friday! January 2015

I know, I know, we're late. Everyone has been unexpectedly busy during the holiday season and I haven't been able to go online as much as I expected I would. Updates are on their way though! Happy new year everyone! Will make a new year related art + banner as soon as I get back to my own computer haha! Right now it's time for...

Feature Friday! presents:
WING-MAIDEN

Wing-maiden is an Animator and a digital artist who specializes in Rockman X/Zero series Fan art. She has also animated for the My Little Pony series from season 2 up to the recent DVD movie, Rainbow Rocks.
WEBSITESDEVIANTART | TUMBLR


• What are you working on right now?
I'm mostly taking a break from doing fan arts to study how to do facial expressions effectively while trying to improve my art style further before finishing any of my current WIPs.
• How and when did you discover that you wanted to do art?
Childhood days, seeing my auntie back then do some art projects inspired me to pursue it.
• If you weren't doing art, what would you be doing?
Reading fan fics or art references, chatting, RPing or helping someone to improve their drawing in terms of anatomy and sharing some of the techniques I find helpful for them.
• How has your practice changed over time?
I've been loyal to pencil, ballpoint pen and paper for the longest time... and during that period, I've been learning how to get my anatomy right, quite hard when there's not enough references available to read unlike now. I've always relied on those few "How to Draw Manga" issues I managed to acquire and the rest are from the depths of my imagination. It was only last year when I finally get the chance to do digital artworks and allowed myself to do fan arts for the characters I hold closest to my heart.
• What work do you most enjoy doing?
Oh dear.... it all depends on the mood.... perhaps fluffy themed fan arts. Emotions are always concerned whenever I do something.
• What art do you most identify with?
I'm not really sure about my coloring since it's still growing.... I'm more on the anime style with a serious in take in trying to get the details close to the model.
• What's the best thing anyone has said about your work?
When the piece inspires them to do a headcannon or any story... when their imaginations starts to roll... and then they tell me about those... yeah, those are the best comments.
• Who is the biggest influence in your work?
An artist from Pixiv, always in awe and inspires me to strive harder on my craft.
• What is the single work of which you are most proud?
Currently.... it will be "Dream", I really find it soothing in my eyes.
• What is your dream project?
.... I'm already drawing my dreams. XD
• Who do you dream of collaborating with?
whitmoon, she's really good with those relaxing yet emotional themes.
• Tell us one of your guilty pleasures
Acquiring those official artbooks of the games I found the style appealing to my eyes.
• If you could be someone else for a day, who would it be?
Uh... I'm really fine with who I am, the crazy blood-stained kitty.
• What's the strangest thing you have in your house?
Depends on what you mean by "strange" because I might find it normal while to most folks it's weird...
• When was the last time you were truly frightened?
Not sure, I'm quite a forgetful person.
• What music are you listening to these days?
Hmm, it all depends on the mood but the standard will be the game/ anime ost.
• What is the worst advice you’ve ever received?
You'll never get anywhere with art.
• What is the best advice you've ever received?
"You shine best when underpressure." - my former director once told me while I'm in the brink of giving up on finishing a song sequence due to pressure and deadline. It came out lovely after taking this by heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to know what you think. 8D
~Team Artspice!