Navigational Buttons

Feb 6, 2015

Feature Friday! February 2015

Feature Friday! presents:
KOKOJAKES

Kokojakes is a Doodler, Crafter and an all around curious kid. You can call her Jakes.
WEBSITES: FACEBOOK WORDPRESS | INSTAGRAM


• What are you working on right now?
I am currently learning how to make clothes so there’s that. Illustration-wise, I found an old w.i.p. Just the usual, I guess - hand drawn, detailed, highly ornamental but this time, with colors.
• How and when did you discover that you wanted to do art?
I’ve been doing it all my life. People at home said I’ve been doodling long before I started attending pre-school so I can’t really remember when exactly. I took up Fine Arts ‘cause I figured it’s the only thing I can do hahaha
• If you weren't doing art, what would you be doing?
I don’t know. Provide home for stray pets? Cooking food for a living? Running some kind of business? Holy wow this question’s  hard as fuck!
• How has your practice changed over time?
I think I was subconsciously limiting myself back in highschool throughout my college years. Got too fixed on learning “what is right”, using the “proper tools” and shit. But I hardly give a fuck now and I just do what I like when it comes to my work. Hell, I hardly even use those “proper tools”!
• What work do you most enjoy doing?
Inking detailed stuff at my own pace. I kinda like the whole getting lost in my work then finding myself again thing but that’s hardly possible when  you’re rushing it. Time pressure’s a bitch.
• What art do you most identify with?
I have a strong affinity for Van Gogh because of his life story. My works rendered in felt markers obviously reflects this. Dunno about my usual illustrations, though. Did I answer this properly? Figured I tend to give out off answers ‘cause my mind drifts off a lot haha!
• What's the best thing anyone has said about your work?
“Parang panaginip.” (It’s like a dream). I can’t remember who said it to me, though.
• Who is the biggest influence in your work?
The universe, nature, and most importantly, my pets hahahaha
• What is the single work of which you are most proud?
T’was an old plate. Freehand perspective. I thought the way I rendered it was kinda sick. Can’t believe I’m the one who actually did it. Surprised myself back there.
• What is your dream project?
Anything that’s officially related to Harry Potter!
• Who do you dream of collaborating with?
Boticelli, Van Gogh, Muha and Bernini because he’s a sexy beast.
• Tell us one of your guilty pleasures
 Binge-watching series, floating around a pool instead of actually doing laps, and lying on the floor when shit goes down.
• If you could be someone else for a day, who would it be?
 Doraemon.
• What's the strangest thing you have in your house?
 This antique, butt-baked Santo NiƱo wooden sculpture encased in this glass cylinder. We don’t pray to it or anything. Just for display ‘cause it’s art.
• When was the last time you were truly frightened?
 This portfolio critique event. I had to stand up front! That was hellish for someone with anxiety issues but I survived haha!
• What music are you listening to these days?
OST of films/series
• What is the worst advice you’ve ever received?
"Di bale ng tamad, di naman pagod”. Not really and advice but some kind of philosophy I guess.“
• What is the best advice you've ever received?
Do what you love and do it as often enough. Something like that heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to know what you think. 8D
~Team Artspice!