Navigational Buttons

Mar 7, 2015

Feature Friday! March 2015

Feature Friday! presents:
CY VENDIVIL

Cy aspires to make comics and games and is a member of Kyusi Kompanie and a partner for Studio Salimbal.

• What are you working on right now?
I have a lot of projects! I'm mainly working on two comics, a personal one Monokuro and an upcoming comic series which I'll handle art for a few issues or something. Hoping to put out a lot of comics this year.
• How and when did you discover that you wanted to do art?
I've drawn since I was a kid, but the decision to be serious with it came to me in my 20's. Despite this, I've made a lot of comics (but not enough!) , and I look up to my cousins Russel and Jay-Jay  for making A.R.C.H.O.N.
• If you weren't doing art, what would you be doing?
Computer science researcher or profressor!
• How has your practice changed over time?
I half regret the way I approached art in the past didn't really push me forward, but thankfully I've grown better. Right now, I'm focusing more on studies than making a lot of output. In addition, I'm going to do my best and learn making comics traditionally.
• What work do you most enjoy doing?
Putting ideas on paper and soldifying concepts. Yup just the drawing part. I'm learning to love lining and rendering tho!
• What art do you most identify with?
I really love art that tells or shows a story or a message. Usually styles from french or canadian artists that have a certain dose of manga in them resonates with what I want to do. Indie styles are so cool too!
• What's the best thing anyone has said about your work?
Not sure about about compliments, but the best thing is when they want more of your work. But who am I kidding I think it was cool I've made people cry once. HAHA
• Who is the biggest influence in your work?
A big influence to my recent direction in art is all because of a friend I've collaborated a lot with writing and art for two years. We've drifted apart recently.
• What is the single work of which you are most proud?
I don't have any but I'm really proud of how Monokuro's shaping up!
• What is your dream project?
An rpg of my own conception!
• Who do you dream of collaborating with?
A lot of great people out there, so it could be anyone! I'll tell you one thing, I'm already collaborating with one of them.
• Tell us one of your guilty pleasures
I really love researching about a particular thing or better yet an artist.
• If you could be someone else for a day, who would it be?
Can I be a dog???
• What's the strangest thing you have in your house?
My house doesn't have any when I'm not around.
• When was the last time you were truly frightened?
Whenever I get dem panic attacks.
• What music are you listening to these days?
Game music (recently: pokemon, bravely series, dj max, ragnarok.) In general, I like rag time and jazz.
• What is the worst advice you've ever received?
"Don't think, just do it." I'm sorry I'm too much of a thinker to work this way haha.
• What is the best advice you've ever received?
Pain is necessary, but suffering is optional. -- Haruki Murakami
Another one is to pick up Robert Henri's The Art Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to know what you think. 8D
~Team Artspice!