Navigational Buttons

Jul 25, 2015

Trapped


"During your supply run, you and your fellow survivors get cut-off by an oncoming horde of zombies. You end up getting trapped in a building with nothing but the things you scavenged during your run and what you could find inside. You managed to radio in for help but it'll take time. Can you survive until help arrives?"

I love board games. From chess, to snakes and ladders and everything I could play involving boards, cards and dice before computer games took over. Then, I started watching Tabletop in Youtube and it rekindled my love for those games and then some. I remember cutting folders to make cards and made Final Fantasy VIII's card game, in real life to play with my classmates when I was in high-school. 
Now, I'm at it again but this time, I made my own game. 

A zombie-themed card game (with dice) called Trapped. It's a work in progress and I mostly wanted a game to play with my siblings and friends and this is what happened. If anything, I'm glad to find another outlet for my creativity and I never thought I'd suddenly be into game design! I did a lot of research on how to make a decent and working game and I'm having lots of fun.

The picture up there is a "decent" prototype and the game's engine and mechanics are working pretty well. To be honest, if given the chance, I'd like to have these printed and made into real cards so it's more durable and would last longer. Selling it or taking it to a publisher is a good idea buuuut I don't think I'm that good yet when it comes to game design so I'm not going there... yet. xD Right now, I enjoy making these and thinking up mechanics and rules and the whole process of making the components is just pure fun. Work but still fun haha! I also have another card game which I made when I was brainstorming this version of Trapped (I made the first version last year. It came out good but got REALLY math heavy and dragging, game play wise, so I decided to improve it), called Monster RPS, which is a very light card game and I will show it, next time. :D

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd like to know what you think. 8D
~Team Artspice!